When it comes to anti-aging injections, patients usually have a number of questions. Two of the most common are: “What should I do after Botox?” and “What shouldn’t I do after Botox?”
To ensure that you are as well-prepared as possible when it comes time for your treatment, continue reading for some of the most important Botox Do’s and Don’ts.
What Should I Do After Botox?
You’ve had Botox injections. Now what?
If you’re like most patients, you’re probably wondering: What should I do after Botox?
Following treatment, your injector will provide you with post-care instructions, including precautions you should take to maximize Botox outcomes.
More specifically, it’s important that you:
- Avoid lying down and stay in an upright position for 2-4 hours after injections. This will help prevent product migration.
- For about one hour after having Botox, you should engage the treated muscles by making certain facial expressions. Doing so, helps the neurotoxin make its way to the targeted muscles.
However, once an hour has elapsed, you should try not to make any exaggerated expressions for 12 hours.
- If you would like to apply make-up afterwards, make sure you use a light touch and gently dab product onto the skin. Do not attempt to rub or spread the makeup during application.
What Shouldn’t I Do After Botox?
While it’s essential to know what you should be doing after Botox, it’s just as important to know what you shouldn’t do.
In general, it’s best that you avoid:
- Exercising for the remainder of the day
- Lying down or sleeping on your stomach, which can put pressure on your face
- Consuming large amounts of alcohol
- Intense sunlight as well as very cold temperatures and saunas for the next 2 weeks
If you are considering Botox, please call Hackley DDS today to schedule an appointment with one of our highly skilled and experienced injectors.