Dental implants have revolutionized the field of dentistry, offering a host of benefits that extend beyond just restoring a missing tooth. Whether you’re considering dental implants or simply curious about their potential, in this article, we will discuss the various benefits of dental implants.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant stands as a cutting-edge replacement tooth that faithfully replicates the entire tooth structure. This innovative solution involves a titanium “root” snugly inserted into the bone, providing a sturdy foundation for supporting a crown, bridge, or denture. Functioning, looking, and feeling like a genuine tooth, a dental implant, when cared for properly, can endure a lifetime.
In the world of tooth replacement solutions, dental implant technology has emerged as the state-of-the-art choice, surpassing earlier treatments in numerous aspects. With the latest innovations in dentistry, most patients, including those previously deemed ineligible, can now reap the benefits of this advanced solution. Join us as we explore the transformative advantages that make dental implants a preferred and accessible option for many.
Who are Good Candidates For Dental Implants?
For those dealing with one or more missing teeth, or dealing with broken or severely decayed teeth beyond repair, dental implants often emerge as the optimal solution. If discomfort accompanies dentures, a partial denture, or a bridge, the transformative technology of dental implants might be the answer.
In earlier times, individuals with insufficient bone structure or specific health conditions or habits were typically deemed ineligible for implants. However, advancements in diagnostics and bone reconstruction techniques have expanded the eligibility criteria, making it possible for the majority of patients to now benefit from the advantages of dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many different benefits of dental implants including:
- Dental implants emulate the behavior of natural teeth, offering a significant advantage by restoring full chewing power. In most cases, patients can hardly discern a difference between their natural teeth and the implanted tooth. They can eat, brush, and floss with it just as they would with their natural teeth.
- Dental Implants can last forever. In contrast to a dental bridge, which may have a lifespan of around 10 years, dental implants exhibit remarkable longevity.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss. In the absence of a tooth, the jaw bone in the vacant space undergoes deterioration due to a lack of stimulation. Should no implant be inserted within the initial year of tooth loss, the bone area experiences a 25% reduction in volume, and this process of bone loss persists over the subsequent years.
- Dental implants play a crucial role in maintaining the stability of adjacent teeth. The space left by a missing tooth can lead to neighboring teeth shifting unevenly toward the gap. This displacement can disrupt the alignment of your teeth, impacting your bite, chewing ability, and overall appearance.
- Opting for dental implants can contribute to staying gum disease-free. The gap left by a missing tooth can create a space where food and bacteria accumulate, potentially leading to the development of gum disease.
- Dental implants have the potential to stop facial sagging and premature aging that may occur due to bone loss resulting from missing teeth. The process of bone loss can lead to the undesirable effect of the lower third of the face collapsing, gradually reducing the distance between the tip of the nose and the chin.
Dental Implants in Maryland
Dental, Spa, and Cosmetic Surgery has a compassionate and knowledgeable team dedicated to providing the best aesthetic service for you. If you are interested in learning more about Botox cosmetics, contact us today to schedule your consultation!