Up until the last few years, skin care products and treatments for black skin were few and far between. Luckily, that issue has started to be resolved. One of the best improvements that the skincare industry can provide is making sure that laser hair removal can be a safe and effective treatment for black skin. Let’s talk about everything you need to know about laser hair removal for black skin.
Is Laser Hair Removal for Black Skin Safe?
In the past, it was understandable to be apprehensive about laser hair removal if you had darker skin. Some of the side effects were pigmentation change and burning or scarring. Luckily, modern advancements in the skincare industry have found ways to make laser hair removal much safer.
Certain lasers like the Nd: YAG and diode are highly effective at treating darker skin tones without causing burning, pigmentation changes, or other types of harm. The Nd: YAG laser penetrates deeper into the skin than other lasers, even diode, bypassing pigmentation and focusing on the follicle. The diode has it’s own advantages including a slower and more controlled technique that helps prevent burning. The instant cooling device is an added bonus that helps increase comfort levels for patients.
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
The are many benefits to laser hair removal including but not limited to:
- Eliminates other time-consuming and uncomfortable hair removal methods like shaving or waxing
- Quick and precise for convenience and safety
- Helps prevent ingrown hairs, which can leave behind dark spots because of irritation
- Provides the closest, smoothest hair removal possible because it destroys the hair follicles
- Saves you money in the long run because treatments don’t have to be repeated like shaving
- Provides long-lasting results