Root canals have long been surrounded by myths and misconceptions, often giving dental patients anxiety and fear. However, there’s no need to fret! In the capable hands of a root canal specialist in Rockville, you have nothing to worry about. These dental professionals possess the knowledge, experience, and expertise to save your smile and alleviate your dental woes.
What is a Root Canal Specialist?
A root canal specialist is a dental professional who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and conditions that affect the tooth pulp and the surrounding tissues of the teeth. Much like the roots of a tree, the root of the tooth is the part that is below your gums and holds your tooth in place. While general dentists are trained in a wide range of dental procedures, root canal specialists undergo additional years of advanced education and clinical training specifically focused on endodontics. A root canal specialist is going to focus on relieving any tooth and mouth pain while also trying to save your natural tooth whenever they can.
What Does a Root Canal Specialist Do?
Root canal specialists are highly skilled in performing root canal therapy. This procedure involves removing the infected or damaged dental pulp from the inner part of the tooth, known as the root canal, and sealing it to prevent further infection. They are experts in utilizing advanced techniques and specialized tools to ensure the efficient and effective treatment of root canal infections.
What Kind of Training Does a Root Canal Specialist Receive?
Dental school takes about four years to complete. Once a dentist finishes school, a root canal specialist receives at least two more years of focused dental training. During this time, they study various techniques to diagnose and treat tooth pain that affects tissues and roots inside your teeth.
Common Reasons to See a Root Canal Specialist Rockville Maryland
Because Root Canal Specialists focus mainly on fixing damaged tooth pulp or roots, the following are common causes for these issues:
- Tooth decay: this destruction of a tooth is caused by poor teeth and gum care. You may need to see a root canal specialist if a cavity that goes untreated damages your tooth’s root tissue. Tooth decay can cause inflammation (pulpitis), infection in the pulp tissue, or even death (necrosis).
- Tooth injuries: Trauma affecting your tooth (such as from a hard fall or accident).
- Tooth abscess: An abscess happens when bacteria gets inside your tooth or gums and causes a buildup of pus.
- Cracked tooth: Damage to your tooth to the point that there is an opening for bacteria to get inside.
What Kind of Procedures Does a Root Canal Specialist Do?
Root canal specialist can perform a variety of procedures including:
- Root canal: This procedure will remove damaged or infected tooth pulp and then reseals the tooth to prevent infection.
- Endodontic retreatment: If a root canal didn’t heal properly, this procedure removes and replaces materials.
- Endodontic surgery: This is any specialized surgery, such as apicoectomy (the removal of the end, or tip, of a tooth’s root).
- Emergency dental surgery: This procedure could extend from repairing difficult dental injuries to severe tooth infections.
- Tooth extraction (removal) surgery: Pulling a tooth because there’s too much tissue damage for a provider to save it.
- Dental implant surgery: Surgical placement of a dental implant. A specialist can use an implant to restore the function of your teeth and repair the appearance after you’ve had or have a tooth removed.
Root canal specialists are still dentists. So, they can perform the same common procedures such as cleanings, whitenings, crowns, and veneers.
When Should You Call a Root Canal Specialist?
It is important to call a dental provider you trust any time you have tooth pain that doesn’t go away or gets worse. Waiting could cause further damage and put you at higher risk of not being able to save the natural tooth.
You may need a root canal specialist if you have
- Tooth pain that doesn’t go away
- Unexplained mouth or jaw pain
- Sensitivity to cold, hot or sweet foods
- The area around the affected tooth and gums is inflamed
Seek immediate treatment if you have an abscess, you’ve had a tooth injury or there are signs of infection like fever, difficulty breathing or swallowing, or redness or swelling in your mouth.
Root Canal Specialists in Rockville Maryland
Dental, Spa, and Cosmetic Surgery has a compassionate and knowledgeable team dedicated to providing the best dental care for you. If you are experiencing tooth pain or sensitivity, contact us today to schedule your consultation!
Most American families have quite a bit on their plates. Between soccer games and band practices and algebra tutoring sessions, raising a family often feels like you need to be everywhere at once. However, scheduling an appointment with a family dentist in Rockville, Maryland can help. By treating your entire family at once, family dentists prevent you from juggling four (or five, or six!) separate appointments.
Benefits of Family Dentistry in Rockville
Still aren’t sure if a family dentist in Rockville, Maryland is right for you? Here are some of the benefits of family dentistry:
Schedule Household Appointments
Let’s be honest, it can be tough to keep up with yearly appointments, cosmetic work, and oral surgeries. However, when you see a family dentist in Rockville, Maryland, you only have to worry about one appointment. When you arrive at Hackley DDS, your son’s Invisalign, your daughter’s cavities, and your husband’s teeth whitening needs can all be treated at once.
Variety of Dental Services
Most family dentists offer a wide variety of dental services. That way, they can accommodate everyone’s dental needs. Here at Hackley DDS, we offer both general dentistry and cosmetic services to help your family achieve the smiles of their dreams.
Convenient and Flexible Hours
Family dentists have convenient and flexible hours for you to choose from. We understand that dental appointments might not fit within the traditional workday. That’s why we’ll work with you to find an appointment time that suits your family’s unique needs.
Best Family Dentist in Rockville, Maryland
If you’re desiring an experienced, versatile, and compassionate family dentist in Rockville, Maryland, Hackley DDS is the one for you. With 20+ years in the industry, our team can treat all your family’s dental needs.
From routine check-ups to dermal fillers, our qualified professionals are here to help. Book your family dentistry appointment today.
Are you on the hunt for the best family dentist Rockville, Maryland? Dr. Hackley and her team have the knowledge and expertise to treat every member of your family. Keep reading to learn why we’re the best option for you:
Benefits of Family Dentistry
From pediatric dentistry to denture work, our team can handle it all. Here are some benefits of working with the best family dentist Rockville, Maryland:
It’s Convenient and Easy
Scheduling individual dental appointments for every family member can be stressful (and time-consuming). But when you visit a family dentist, you’re able to schedule a single appointment for your entire family.
You Form Lasting Relationships
Regular visits to a family dentist provide a unique opportunity to develop a lasting relationship with your practitioner. The result? Both you and your child will view your dentist as someone trustworthy.
You Avoid Dental Anxiety
Did you know that 9% of children have dental anxiety? However, developing a personal relationship with your dentist can ease some of those feelings.
You Prevent Tooth Decay and Gingivitis
Routine dental visits are key to keeping your family’s teeth cavity-free. Scheduling biannual appointments prevents tooth decay (which otherwise causes discomfort, pain, and potential tooth loss).
Your Family’s Smiles Improve
Do you struggle with yellowing or discolored teeth? Regular dental cleanings are the solution. Additionally, family dentists ensure that your oral health routine is in tip-top shop, and they can prevent problems from developing.
Who Is the Best Family Dentist Rockville, Maryland?
To summarize, Dr. Hackley and her team are the best family dentist Rockville, Maryland. With over 35+ years of experience and 20 years in business, we have earned our reputation for a caring and effective approach.
If you would like to see if we’re a good fit for your family, schedule an initial consultation today.
Does your child have a fear of the dentist? Or do you avoid the dentist’s office like the plague? If so, sedation dentistry Rockville, Maryland might be the perfect solution. ease some of your anxiety. Used for everything from invasive procedures to routine cleanings, sedation dentistry is a great way to ease dental anxiety. Keep ready to learn whether it’s right for you.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
As the name suggests, sedation dentistry uses medication to relax dental patients during their procedures. When it comes to dentistry, there are four levels of sedation that are used:
- Minimal sedation. The patient is awake, yet relaxed.
- Moderate sedation. The patient might slur their words, and they probably won’t remember much about the procedure.
- Deep sedation. The patient is on the edge of consciousness, but they can be woken up if needed.
- General anesthesia. The patient is completely unconscious.
Types of Sedation Used in Dentistry
Interested in getting sedation dentistry Rockville, Maryland? Your practitioner will likely use one of the following:
- Inhaled minimal sedation. Essentially, this requires inhaling a combination of nitrous oxide (aka “laughing gas”) and oxygen.
- Oral sedation. Depending on the dosage, this kind of sedation ranges from minimal to moderate. Most patients are given a pill called Halcion (which belongs to the same family as Valium), which is one of the most common forms of sedation dentistry.
- IV moderate sedation. The patient receives the sedative drug through a vein.
- Deep sedation/general anesthesia. Just like in surgical offices, general anesthesia administers medications that make the patient almost or totally unconscious.
Best Sedation Dentistry Rockville, Maryland
To summarize, sedation dentistry is ideal for patients who fear the dentist. Additionally, it’s great for people who have low pain thresholds, sensitive teeth, bad gag reflexes, or are unable to sit still for long periods of time.
If you’re looking for the best sedation dentistry in Rockville, Maryland, you’ve found it at Hackley DDS. Schedule a consult today.
Knowing what is and isn’t covered under your dental insurance plan can be tricky. Many patients wonder if they can get dental implants Rockville, Maryland with their insurance. And the answer? Well, it depends on the specifics of your treatment and insurance plan.
Dr. Hackley and her team will work with you to create a treatment plan suitable for your needs and your budget. Keep reading to see what we mean!
Understanding Your Dental Insurance Plan
As we mentioned, whether your dental implants Rockville, Maryland are covered by insurance depends on your plan. Therefore, we recommend reviewing your insurance policy before beginning treatment. If you aren’t sure where to start, make sure to answer the following questions:
- Does my plan cover dental implants?
- What is the annual maximum out-of-pocket cost?
- Do I need a referral before getting dental implants?
- What percentage of the procedure does the policy cover?
The details of your treatment also affect whether your dental implants are covered by insurance. Typically, the amount of coverage varies depending on the level of mouth preparation needed:
- Tooth extraction. If the existing tooth is damaged, it must come out before replacing it.
- Bone grafting. Some patients need their underlying jawbones reinforced prior to the procedure.
- Placing the implant. Because it is considered a “major” dental procedure, some insurance companies will cover up to 50% of the cost.
- Placing the artificial tooth. This is also considered a “major” dental procedure.
Best Dental Implants Rockville, Maryland
If you’re interested in dental implants Rockville, Maryland, Dr. Hackley and her team are the best in the business. We understand the importance of having a full set of teeth in your mouth, and we’d be happy to create a treatment plan for you.
Wondering if you’re a candidate for dental implants? Or have questions about the process? Contact our team today for your free consultation.
Are you searching for a top Rockville dental center? Here at Hackley DDS and Dental Spa, we have the experience and knowledge to treat a wide range of dental issues, including smile makeovers. Here’s what you need to consider when choosing a top Rockville Dental Center.
What is a Rockville Dental Center?
A Rockville Dental Center is a place where a dentist performs oral health treatments, dental procedures, and more. They typically provide basic dental services like cleanings, checkups, fillings, and root canals. However, they may also provide additionally services like cosmetic treatments and emergency after-hours care.
Choosing a Dental Center in Rockville
Whether you are looking for a new dentist for routine cleanings and checkups or interested in more advanced treatments like smile makeovers or dental implants, its important to choose the right dental center for you. Here are some things to consider.
Back to Basics
Regular visits are a key component of oral health. So, it’s important to choose a dentist that fits with your schedule and location. Consider the following.
- Is the office easy to get to from your job or home?
- Are the office hours convenient?
- Does the dentist accept your insurance?
- Is the dentist a member of the ADA?
Schedule a consultation with the dentist before making your first appointment. We recommend making a list of questions to bring to your appointment. This is a good time to access the dentist’s communication and decide if you are comfortable. A few questions you may want to ask include:
- Is the office staff familiar with your insurance plan?
- Does the office offer financial options for treatment costs?
- Will the dentist explain ways to help prevent dental health problems or provided health instructions?
- How does the dentist handle emergencies after hours?
Here are Hackley DDS and Dental Spa, we offer a wide variety of dental services as well as cosmetic procedures. Some of these include:
We also offer many cosmetic procedures such as Botox, dermal fillers, body contouring, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation and much more in our spa.
Top Rockville Dental Center
We take oral health seriously. We aim to provide exceptional care to our patients using the latest technology and training, while enhancing your natural beauty. Contact Hackley DDS and Dental Spa and Dental Spa today to schedule an appointment.
The last thing you want to worry about in an emergency is insurance and how to pay for emergency dental care.
Going to your dentist for a regular hygiene appointment is an important part of your oral health and even your overall health.
Keep reading to learn more about what dental services in Rockville, Maryland dental insurance covers.